Cady Thomas is a Partner with Focus Public Affairs who is experienced in every aspect of government and regulatory advocacy.
From 2008-2018 Cady worked with the North Carolina REALTORS®, the largest trade association in the state. Ultimately promoted to Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, she was responsible for building and leading NCR’s government affairs department. Cady’s duties included legislative and regulatory lobbying, political fundraising and disbursement, independent expenditure engagement, grassroots development, and local government affairs assistance. She organized multimillion dollar political and issues campaigns, advanced intensive legislative goals, and facilitated one of the state’s largest political action committees. Cady continues to engage with the National Association of REALTORS(R) on behalf of the State Association and has built an extensive network around the country.
Prior to joining the REALTORS® staff, Cady practiced corporate law and capital markets with the law firm Kilpatrick Stockton LLP, now Kilpatrick Townsend, in Raleigh. Prior to her graduate studies, Cady worked on Capitol Hill for a prominent United States Senator.
· Jurist Doctorate, Washington College of Law, American University, Washington, DC
· Masters of Business Administration, Kogod School of Business, American University, Washington, DC
· Bachelor of Arts and Business Management Certificate, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, VA
· Attorney Licensed in NC & U.S. Federal District Court, Eastern District of NC
· Member, North Carolina Professional Lobbyist Association
· Chair, North Carolina Free Enterprise Foundation
· Member, Tar Heel Circle of the North Carolina Society of DC